Friday, May 13, 2011

simplify...

I've felt this pull to simplify and streamline lately.  I'm moving in July and even though it sounds far off it really is not! I want to utilize the things I have and buy nothing.  I want to eat less so I can fit into the smaller clothes of past summers instead of buying new bigger ones.  I want to use the greenway and parkway to exercise on instead of joining a gym in the middle of summer (I think when it gets cold the gym would be a great idea!).  I want to read and learn new things instead of buying things to entertain me.  I want to save as much money as possible.  I want to get rid of the things I do not need in order to make room for the possessions I really enjoy ad use.  I need to remember what I've got.  This is a weird example but in the last couple of days I've found four sticks of deodorant sitting around my apartment.  Why!? I don't unpack at the end of a trip.  The deodorant stays in my duffel bag and I buy another one because I "can't find it."  I need to take inventory of the material possessions and all the stuff you can't see.  The stuff that determines who I am (good and bad), the stuff I carry around with me everyday.  I'm ranting.  I know this.  I think success is determined at your core, in your home.  How I handle everything can be seen as I handle my home.  I'm not doing well in that respect--I'll be honest.  I can be wasteful and I don't want to be.  My life is cluttered.  In order not to waste space, I'm going to donate all my crappy looking t-shirts and organize my kitchen.  I want everything organized before I move out.  All this stuff is not coming with me to the new place!

I want to be a combination of this...

and this...


Namaste.  hehe
You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment